Cisco RV340W wireless router Dual-band (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) Gigabit Ethernet Black
Cisco RV340W wireless router Dual-band (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz), Gigabit Ethernet Black
Small businesses are constantly exposed to Internet threats. The Cisco RV340W Dual WAN Gigabit Wireless-AC VPN Router connects small businesses to the Internet and protects employees from unwanted content and malicious websites, without compromising the online experience.
The router helps boost employee productivity and overall network performance by limiting Internet surfing to appropriate site categories and eliminating unwanted network traffic. Users are automatically protected from malicious or compromised websites, regardless of the site categorization. End devices and applications can be identified and treated according to user-defined policies for improved productivity and optimal network usage.
With an intuitive user interface, the RV340W enables you to be up and running in minutes. The router provides reliable and highly secure connectivity that is so transparent you will not even know it is there.
Features and benefits 2 WAN ports (RJ-45) allow load balancing and resiliency 4 LAN ports (RJ-45) provide high-performance connectivity Integrated 802.11ac WLAN access point with external antennas (Wave 2 MU-MIMO) 2 USB ports support a 3G/4G modem or flash drive Flexible VPN functionality for secure interconnectivity Support for the Cisco AnyConnect® Secure Mobility Client, ideal for remote access by mobile devices Dynamic web filtering, enabling business efficiency and security while connecting to the Internet Client and application identification that allows Internet access policies for end devices and Internet applications, to help ensure performance and security The Cisco RV340W is the optimal choice for any small business network that requires performance, security, and reliability.
- Integrated 14-port Gigabit Ethernet switch lets you connect your wired devices such as printers cameras or storage devices
- Dual WAN support allows multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover
- High-speed Ethernet connectivity with up to 900-Mbps TCP throughput for faster downloads
- VPN functionality for secure interconnectivity including standard IPsec Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) over IPsec and Cisco IPsec
- Delivers super-fast 802 11ac (Wave 1) Wi-Fi connectivity to all your mobile devices
Cisco Umbrella is a cloud-based web security service that delivers automatic protection from malicious or compromised websites, phishing, C2 Callbacks, and malware. With Cisco Umbrella, you gain visibility and enforcement at the DNS layer, so you can block requests to malicious domains and IPs before a connection to your network or endpoints is ever made. And because it’s built into the foundation of the Internet and delivered from the cloud, Umbrella is the simplest security product to deploy and delivers powerful, effective protection. The router integration allows for easy setup, enhanced visibility and reporting, and a small business–friendly branch license for Cisco Umbrella.
The on-board UTM security features include: Intrusion prevention, gateway antivirus, application identification, client identification, on-board web security. These features protect your network from attacks from the Internet and at the same allow for setting policies for corporate usage of the Internet by limiting Internet surfing to appropriate site categories and eliminating unwanted network traffic, hence boosting employee productivity and overall network performance.
LicensingIT security is a priority for business of all sorts and sizes. With the size of an office or a remote office typically being rather small, IT staff is less likely to be available and offer user support. Any office environment requires the same functionality as the corporate office in terms of security that may include firewall, VPN, IPS, blocking applications and web protection. The security features include an on-board UTM feature set and a cloud-based Cisco Umbrella integration. These features can be used independently from each other and require a software license. When the Cisco Umbrella integration is activated, the on-board web security is turned off. All other security features will work.
- To operate the router no license is required. It will work with full performance and all VPN features are turned on.
- The customer can add advanced security features to the router using a license. The license will enable IPS, Antivirus, Web Security, App ID, and Client ID. The licensed security features can be trialed at no cost for 90 days.
- To integrate the router into Cisco Umbrella as a “network device type,” and to have the advantage of detailed security reporting for all hosts behind the router, a Cisco Umbrella license is required. For customers using only the RV routers, an affordable Cisco Umbrella branch license is available.